Hyggefisk with buckwheat Blini
Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl; let stand until foamy, about 7 minutes. Sift together flours and salt. Stir together yogurt, butter and sugar in a large bowl; whisk in yeast mixture and flour mixture. Let batter stand, covered, in a warm place, 30 minutes.
Beat whites until stiff peaks form; fold whites into batter. Let stand 10 minutes.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; cook blini 3 or 4 at a time, flipping once, until golden, 2 minutes per side. Serve with Hyggefisk caviar and crème fraiche.
● 1 envelope active dry yeast
● 1/2 cup warm water (110 F / 45 C)
● 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
● 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 3/4 cup plain plant based yogurt
● 1 tablespoon oil
● 1 tablespoon plant based butter
● 1/2 teaspoon sugar
● 100 g Hyggefisk black caviar
● Plant based Crème fraiche, for serving